EVERY CHILD DESERVES QUALITY,
AFFORDABLE AND ACCESSIBLE EARLY CARE
AND EDUCATION SERVICES
Make an Impact!
CPAC membership is comprised of 25 members from varied backgrounds who have demonstrated expertise and experience in early care and education and out of school time. The Board of Supervisors and the Board of Education each appoint 12 members, and the President of the Board of Supervisors appoints one additional member for a total of 25 voting members. Members appointed by the Board of Supervisors must live and/or work in the respective district seat they sit on.
State law requires that CPAC membership includes equal representation from the following five categories:
- Child Care Consumers: parents or persons who receive or who have received ECE or out of school time services within the past 36 months
- Child Care Providers: persons who provide ECE or OST services or represent persons who provide child care services
- Public Agency Representatives: persons who represent a city, a county, city and county or local education agency
- Community Representatives: persons who represent an agency or business that provides private funding for ECE or out of school time services or who advocate for these services through participation in civic or community based organizations, but are not providers and do not represent agencies that contract with CDE-EESD to provide child care and development services
Members at discretion of Board or Superintendent: persons from any of the above categories or outside of these categories at the discretion of the appointing agencies
If you are interested in becoming a member of CPAC please complete the form to request an application.
|Seat Requirement/Categories||Appointed By|
|Child Care Consumer||District 10 Supervisor|
The application process is as follows:
- Applicants must submit an application
- The CPAC Executive Committee will review applicants
- If selected, member applications will be forwarded to the Board of Supervisors or Board of Education
- New CPAC members will be invited to participate in an upcoming CPAC meeting as soon as their appointment is confirmed
**All applicants will be informed of their status at each step of this process.