Center for Early Care & Education, Professional Development and Research

Children’s Campus is a lab school at SF State. Our mission is to train college students who want to work in field’s pertaining to young children, as well as to provide high-quality care and education to young children of staff and faculty working at SF State and in the community at large. We offer competitive salaries, one of the best benefits packages around including low to no cost healthcare, dental and vision plans, weekly planning time off the floor, convenient parking, and a collaborative team environment.

Under the direction of the Director and Assistant Director, classroom teachers are responsible for providing high-quality, responsive, and enriching education to children 0-5 that is in alignment with Children’s Campus philosophy and mission within a team environment. Teachers plan and implement a curriculum that is rich with relational experiences and hands-on inquiry experiences designed to support the development of a range of social, emotional, self- help, language, literacy, cognitive and motor skills for individuals and groups of children that are aligned with the California State Foundations for Early Learning (Infant, Toddler, and Preschool). Classroom teachers engage in a highly reflective teaching practice that is grounded in child observation and documentation, which informs the planning of learning experiences and the learning environment. Classroom teachers also train other classroom staffing including Teacher Assistants and SF State students. Teachers also engage in ongoing professional development including ongoing teacher research on their own classroom practice.

Qualifications are:

A bachelor’s degree or higher level of education in child development or early childhood education is preferred. Consistent with the State Child Development Permit Matrix, incumbents who do not possess a degree must have completed at least 24 units in child development or early childhood education, six specialization units, required adult supervision units, and the additional general education requirements. We also require possession of a teaching permit.

If you are interested or have questions, please contact