The Child Care Planning and Advisory Council (CPAC) was created in 1979 (formerly known as the Mayor’s Advisory on Child Care – MAC) to advise the Board of Supervisors, the Mayor, the Board of Education, and the Superintendent on early care and education issues throughout the City. In 1995, CPAC was designated the local child care planning council for San Francisco and continues to operate in this capacity as a representative advisory and planning body to maintain, expand and improve local child care services. The California Department of Education (CDE) allocates federal funds to support CPAC in fulfilling its state and federally mandated local planning duties. In addition, CPAC serves as the central hub in San Francisco to bring together the diverse early childhood community to work in partnership with the City around planning, policy, and advocacy. CPAC is also locally funded to achieve its mandates and to support the work of early care and education in San Francisco. The CPAC mission is to create and drive the child care and early learning agenda to meet the needs of children birth to age 12 and their families in San Francisco.
CPAC Administrative Support Position Description
CPAC is seeking an ECE inclined individual to support the council and CPAC Coordinator with administrative work during committee meetings. This position works closely with and reports to the CPAC Coordinator. This is a great position for someone in the ECE field who is looking to gain more knowledge around public policy and legislation, as well as ECE advocacy efforts happening in San Francisco and state-wide!
- Attend committee meetings and take notes on covered agenda items as well as public commentary and committee discussions
- Send completed meeting notes/minutes to CPAC Coordinator within two business days of meeting occurrence
- Once minutes are approved by membership (if any corrections are needed) the CPAC administrative support will email final edits to CPAC Coordinator
This position will begin as soon as possible and lasts the rest of the fiscal year (through June 2019) with the possibility of continued work in the following fiscal year. Below is the list of meetings that will require your attendance to take meeting notes/minutes:
Out-of-School Time Committee Meeting (10:30am-12pm Every 4th Thursday) at Children’s Council 445 Church Street, San Francisco, CA 94114
Ad-Hoc Access and Expansion Committee Meeting (6pm-8pm) at Children’s Council 445 Church Street, San Francisco, CA 94114
- Mon, Mar. 11 6-8 pm
- Mon, Apr. 8 6-8 pm
Ad-Hoc Workforce Compensation Committee Meeting (6:30p-8:30pm) at Children’s Council 445 Church Street, San Francisco, CA 94114
- Wed, Feb. 27 6:30-8:30 pm
- Wed, Mar. 27 6:30-8:30 pm
- Wed, Apr. 24 6:30-8:30 pm
Based on the above meeting hours, the position will be a total of 8 hours a month, 6 hours in meeting time and 2 hours of additional time for emailing meeting notes and making edits to meeting notes for approval.
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Possession of a High School Diploma and some college experience, preferably completed English GE coursework with satisfactory grades.
- One (1) year of verifiable experience performing administrative duties in a professional setting
- Proficiency in administrative writing skills (Word, email correspondence)
Based on the part-time nature of this position the hourly rate for the 10 hours a month is $26.50
To Apply for the Position please email a cover letter and your resume to Licette Montejano at email@example.com