Are you an early childhood educator who is interested in obtaining their Bachelor’s Degree?
Promoting Achievement Through Higher Education (PATH) is a two-year program designed to support professionals working in the field of early childhood education to obtain a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in Child and
Adolescent Development (CAD) with a concentration in Early Childhood.
PATH supports the early childhood educator workforce with:
- Sequenced programs that provide participants with community-based tutoring
- Individualized case management & guidance to support early childhood professionals in reaching their academic goals
- Evening and weekend courses for working educators
- College success skills building & strategies to strengthen self-efficacy
- Seamless transitions across participating educational institutions
How to Qualify for PATH:
- Be employed in a licensed family child care (FCC) or center-based program in San Francisco
- Work 25 or more hours a week with children ages 0-5 (priority given to individuals employed in San Francisco).
- Completed CAD 210, CAD 260, CAD 215, and ENG 214 (or community college equivalents) before the start of the PATH program. Students are encouraged to have also completed all of their lower division general education coursework before entering the PATH program.
- Accepted into San Francisco State University. Please note, you must apply to SF State and meet all transfer requirements in order to be eligible to transfer to SF State for Fall 2019.
How to Apply?:
Step 1: In order to be considered for CAD PATH, students must apply to SF State and the Child and Adolescent Major with an Early Childhood Emphasis. Students should follow the Cal State Apply Deadlines and be sure to apply by the fall deadline, March 1st, 2019.
Step 2: Attend an informational session. The CAD PATH program will be hosting 1 informational sessions this Fall semester:
- PATH Info Session #1: Monday, March 11th 5:30PM-7:00PM, SFSU J. Paul Leonard Library, Room 222
- PATH Info Session #2: Thursday, April 11th 5:30PM-7:00PM, SFSU J. Paul Leonard Library, Room 222
At the event we will go over the benefits of joining the PATH program and how to be eligible for the program. To ensure you have a spot at the event & to receive updates about the event, please RSVP by clicking HERE . If you are unable to attend, but would like to know more information about the PATH program, please fill out the RSVP form to let us know
Step 3: Students must fill out an application to the PATH program by April 30th, 2018. Applications are available on-line using the following link: http://www.tfaforms.com/276170
Step 4: Upon applying to the CAD PATH program, all applicants will be asked to meet with our academic counselor to review transcripts and PATH eligibility.
Please visit SF State’s website for more information on how to apply,http://future.sfsu.edu/apply/transfer. Feel free to reach out to Christine Nevarez if you have any further questions: 415-405-4340 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SF STATE/CSU APPLICATION SUPPORT
For Early Childhood Educators interested in joining the CAD PATH program at SF State, feel free to book an appointment with one of our advisors here to receive one-on-one support in applying to SF State through the new CSU application system. We encourage all interested CAD PATH applicants to set up an appointment with our staff.